[Zope] python scripts, exceptions, and allowing import

Jason Byron jason_zope@yahoo.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:25:51 -0700 (PDT)

I searched the archives and I think exception info isn't
something you can get from python scripts (i.e. sys.exc_info())

Is that still the case?

I tried to allow sys to be imported, as in:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-February/009531.html

but it keeps failing (Unauthorized: exc_info)

Is there another way to get generic exception info now? 2.4.x,
or 2.3.x ?  how about the dtml variables like error_type?

all I'm trying to do is call: container.mailhost.simple_send(),
and get the exception info when it fails.