[Zope] Topic Security in DocumentLibrary

Sedat Yilmazer sedat@kibele.com
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 10:40:23 +0300

Hi Zopers

 I am working on a M$ Office Client for DocumentLibrary project. It =
seems to be no topics security buit in! ( I mean restrict access to some =
topics based on user role)=20
 If I try to restrict access to a topic ( disable 'access conetent =
information' on the security tab of the topic) then the user is banned =
fron the system totally ( system ties to access the restricted topic and =
fails, It comes back with auth. prompt. As the user do not have access =
to that topic system returns with noaccess error screen)=20

 Is there a way to restrict acces to some topics in DocumentLibrary? If =
not I think I will drop the project untill the topic/Document security =
is somehow provided

Sedat Yilmazer

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Casey
Duncan
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 8:39 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Kaivo CatalogQuery Product Released

Are you tired like I am of fighting with ZCatalog to do what should be
simple queries? Do you wish that you could easily perform complex query
logic with ZCatalogs efficiently and without your head exploding?=20

Well look no further. The CatalogQuery product solves these problems by
adding an intuitive query interface to ZCatalog. Imagine being able to
do away with kludges like creating special methods just as index targets
or stepping through results to remove duplicates.=20

This is the first release of this product, so please try it out and let
us know what you think! Since it is a hotfix that makes no changes to
the Zope core, it is as easy to remove as it is to install.=20

Download at: http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/CatalogQuery

Enjoy.
--=20
| Casey Duncan
| Kaivo, Inc.
| cduncan@kaivo.com

P.S. I know this is a cross-post, but they are taking forever to
moderate zope-announce postings (from my impatient point of view). Those
familiar with a previous thread on lawsuits can sue me... 8^)