[Zope] [ANN] DTML Editor 0.1.0

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:51:42 +0200

Hi,

For those like me who are tired to edit DTML methods/documents through an
HTML TEXTAREA, I'm proud to announce the first public alpha version of DTML
Editor, first attempt of DTML syntax coloring editor.

Requirements (client side):

- Windows or Unix/GTK
- Python 2.x (worked with Python 2.1 but did not use any specific feature)
- xmlrpclib (get it from http://www.pythonware.com but you can use a copy of
the one that's in $ZOPEROOT/lib/python)
- wxPython from http://www.wxpython.org (I work with wxPython 2.3 but DTML
Editor will perhaps run with older versions)

Requirements (server side):

- Hmmm... I'm not sure... I tested with Zope 2.3.2 and Zope 2.3.3 but this
may work with older versions.
- Follow instructions in "00README.txt": there's a small python script to
put in the Zope server root to reply to the client.

Warning for Unix/GTK users: I developed and tested the DTML Editor with
Windows but paid attention not using any Windows specific feature of python
or wxPython. Just install this release in a directory where the user has
"write" granted. DTML Editor will save user preferences in ~/.dtmled/* on
Unix platforms in a future release.

DON'T CONNECT PRODUCTION SERVERS WITH THIS ALPHA RELEASE (You can anyway
undo eventual mess through the ZMI)

Download: http://glenfant.free.fr/zopeutils/dtmledit.tgz

Enjoy !