[Zope] [OT]Browser Differences

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:07:52 -0400

> From: Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org>

>> I put up as an example, the layouts in CMF.  They don't render correctly in
>> NS4.  Perhaps you can suggest some ways to fix it.
>
> How do they not render correctly? I have hundreds of clients that use
> NS4, and have had no problems with the default CMF layout. I just loaded
> up 4.76, and it looks just like it does under mozilla, and IE, with the
> clear exception of font differences due to the platform.

For clarity, try really changing the font sizes and types of the primary_
and secondary_ fonts and colors, table colors, etc.

See my guide for help
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/stylesheet_colorguide/view

Also, something like  setting a table background color to 'transparent'
sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.  (e.g. doesn't work when you pull down a
page, then if you reload it it does work).

> Hmmm ... the few times I've used IE5 for ZMI work, I've never noticed
> that problem. Do you mean cut and past of objects, or text?

Objects.

> On that note, quite often, in Mozilla, it won't go back a page in the
> ZMI. That is friggin annoying. it is mostly when I forget to close a
> dtml-in or something, andit displays the error. Then I cannot go back
> and finish it, winding up losing all the changes. That is, IIRC, due to
> javascript issues, but I may be wrong.

Yes, in NS4 as well.  'form data expired' it says...