[Zope] Will ZEO solve my problem?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
02 Jul 2001 12:13:03 -0600

On 02 Jul 2001 13:58:23 +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2001 07:14:43 -0500, "Kyler B. Laird"
> <laird@ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
> Sorry, Ive no suggestions for your problem, but...
>
> >We're planning to split things up into a cluster
> >that consists of multiple HTTPS proxies, some ZEO
> >clients, a ZEO server and a hot ZEO server spare.
>
> Do you have a plan for replicating data onto the second ZEO server? We
> are looking to implement a similar system and there seems to be no
> obviously good choice.

If you are running the ZSS on Linux, you can use a network block device
setup that establishes a raid1 over the netwrok, and have it do a split
read/write such that it only reads from the primary, but writes over the
raid. Then, through the use of tools such as heartbeat/mon/linux virtual
server setup that detects failure of the primary, that then remounts
it's half of the raid as rewrite. Then through use of the RAID rebuild
tools, when the first comes back up, you re-sync the RAID set, and
switch back to the primary.

Just one means of doing it. :)

Bill