[Zope] Web folders: requested header was not found

Rene Pijlman rpijlman@wanadoo.nl
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 22:07:28 +0200

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001 23:26:00 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:
[drag from web folder]=20
>>The requested header was not found".=20
>At least, it is a typical Microsoft error message (shared by Oracle
>error messages): there hate to name things directly.

Oracle would give you a pile of useless messages, but at the bottom
would be something meaningful like "EPC-00046: General Error Message"
or "Maximum number of restrictions exceeded" :-)

>I am sure, it would help to know which header was not found....

Maybe I'll give it a try and debug this scenario.=20

But is it worthwhile?

Based on a recommendation on one of the Zope sites I tested WebDrive
(www.webdrive.com). On my member directory on zope.org this shows me 0
files, while there are some howto's, index_html and other things. For
some reason, it does show DTML files on my own Zope server.

I don't know... is WebDAV for real? Does anybody actually use it to
access objects in Zope?

>I try to make bad publicity that our children get better
>Microsoft (and Oracle) error messages....

And then our grandchildren may get a better Zope and enjoy the virtues
of WebDAV :-)

Regards,
Ren=E9 Pijlman