[Zope] getting Apache's UNIQUE_ID into Zope?

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:14:14 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Kevin L wrote:
> I'm currently converting an application from php to Zope. My app
> uses Apache's UNIQUE_ID env variable.
>
> Zope is running behind Apache with mod_rewrite and mod_proxy. Is
> it possible to pass the UNIQUE_ID variable in the rewrite rule
> so I can do <dtml-var UNIQUE_ID> in zope?

   I am not sure. Probably mod_proxy is not the best thing to pass
environment variables. Try mod_pcgi2 or mod_fastcgi - they are a little bit
faster, can pass entire environment and are more configurable.

   http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/mod_pcgi2/
         http://www.fastcgi.com/

Oleg.
----