[Zope] Strange Psycopg and Zope behaviours

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:42:04 +0200

Hi all,

I've found some strange things with the ZpsycopgDA (v0.99.4)  and Zope233.
Through several areas of my zopesite that were migrated to psycoPG I've
notived the following:

a) It seems that a psycopg ZSQL method that dont DIRECTLY pass variables
through the <dtml-call> does not throw an error nor does it affect the
database. It simply does nothing which is not good.

b) <dtml-in>item:records</dtml-in> constructions dont work either. It seems
to not be able to understand that it will decode a list through iteration.
(no exception raised either)

c) As the adapter for SQLSession, Something causes SQLSession to generate a
new session ID each request, which makes me guess that no insert is done on
the SQLSessionCreate method.

Note that all of the above has worked for a year and a half with PoPy,
though not reliably.

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to why this may be or methods to look
at as far as debugging the code? I have pasted one of the examples where
coding does not work:

store(DTML Method):
   <dtml-in "getPostData(transactID=transactID)">
      <dtml-call
"RESPONSE.redirect('https://foo.com/paymenow.p?transnr=%s&amount=%s&company=
%s&firstname=%s&lastname=%s&address=%s&zip=%s&city=%s&state=%s&country=%s&em
ail=%s&version=engels&currency=USD&vat=%s&method=ss' %
             (transactID, url_quote(totalamount),
url_quote(company),url_quote(firstname),
              url_quote(lastname), url_quote(address), url_quote(zipcode),
              url_quote(city), url_quote(usstate), url_quote(country),
              url_quote(email), url_quote(vat)))">
   </dtml-in>

The <dtml-in "getPostData(transactID=transactID)"> (among others) returns no
data. The page returns blank instead of redirecting, and if you put text in
various places, the code seems to execute with no results. Run the ZSQL
method stand-alone and it works properly. What gives? Is it my coding?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Zwarts