[Zope] Extending ZClasses

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 16:08:07 +0200

Hi Peter,

--On Montag, 2. Juli 2001 11:07 +0200 Peter Bengtsson <mail@peterbe.com>
wrote:

> How do I extend a ZClass? Overwrite general stuff that I want to
> personalize for my own site.

This is straigt forward: use the ZClass as base class.

> Can I just create a new ZClass with my Product as the Base Class? and then
> create objects with the same ids.
> Will that do it? Then I'll have to create a ZClass with a different id and
> meta type and that will complicate things.

Thats the way to do it. Your python product does not even need to register
for objectmanager, so you can make sure it has to be extendet with TTW
ZClass. (I used it to avoid including html into filesystem, instead I
provide only stubs in the python product and make the management interface
and user interface thru the web with dtml and stuff (preferably ZPT
nowadays)

HTH
Tino Wildenhain