Fwd: Re: [Zope] beginner

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin@123piano.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 18:24:57 +0200

> This multipurposing confuses the bejeezus out of people when they first
> come to Zope, because there's no way a single set of docs could possibly
> serve all of those audiences.  We'd need to write maybe four or five
> different sets of documentation to service all of these audiences.  We
> can't do this for financial reasons.

What could be good however : have a "how to make the transition" guide for
differents origins. Maybe ask some experienced zope users who were using
different tools before the discovered zope. Having for example a simple app
written in php and then with zope, idem for coldfusion and others... But
imho if you take the time to read and understand the zope book you get all
of this and a lot more.

something different :

I had to search the php.net site for a particular function, and I found what
is so cool about this site : users can search any php function very easily,
and most important : *visitors can add comments and examples* to the
function explanation.

This could be added to the zope docs imho. One folder per function, and let
the users add their own comments (guestbook like).

something more different :

why not add a guestbook-like system to every page of zope.org? This way we
could read the experience of other users about the current page.

My $0.02 about a site which already rocks.

Philippe