[Zope] ZPhotoAlbum and images in general

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:13:06 -0400

I'm a little confused about the Zope design for handling images. If I am
uploading an image to my hosted web site why would I want my image file
incorporated into the zodb (the data.fs file)? If I don't want to do
this --- and I don't because it just feels funky because the zodb isn't a
'real' database -- then what are my alternatives. I guess the fact that zodb
is storing everything in one big file makes me extremely nervous. Probably
doesn't matter for smaller web sites but if I actually wanted to use this
for larger sites it would be a real sticking point. Any advice on this
point?