[Zope] version control on projects that include Zope and other stuff

Reinoud van Leeuwen reinoud@xs4all.nl
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:53:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am working on my first serious Zope application a stumbled accross
something that I cannot imagine other people have solved in the past :-)

My project roughly has two sides:
1: a zope tree (DMTL documents, methods, pyhon scripts, sql methods etc.)
2: a filesystem tree (sql 'create table' scripts, Docbook source code, etc.)

currently, I keep my filetree in CVS and the Zope tree in ZDB version
control. It is however hard to keep that in good sync. It might be possible
to export the zope tree to a .zexp file and put that in the tree, but that
is not a very clean solution IMHO...

I would like to have all the zope tree documents in my file tree so I can
use cvs on them (and work with things like sourceforge in a normal way). I
would like to keep the normal Zope management screens on DTML documents if
possible....

Is there a way (a python commandline script maybe?) to extract a zope site
to different files? (and vice versa). Has anybody thought up other
solutions?

TIA,
Reinoud