[Zope] WHY ? -- Performace in serving large media files from ZODB vs from external file system

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:25:30 -0400

> From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk>
>
> The policy used by the default File and Image classes for large
> content is to spool the content from ZODB into a temporary file as
> quickly as possible, allowing ZServer to trickle data back to the
> client as quickly as the client will allow.

I'm not sure I see where that is happening, can you provide some pointers?
It looks to me like File and Image pull  a large (>64KB) file out 64K at a
time and feed it to RESPONSE, which would be in RAM, not a temp disk file...