[Zope] Access Object 'by name' from python

Horst Wald horstwald@hotmail.com
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:32:48 -0000

Hi,

is there a way to access Objects 'by name'? I mean to pass the name or the
path of an object to a python script and then call it? Like the
_[...] trick?

By the way: via objectItems(), I can get a list like

['DB', 'DBAdapter', 'DBInterface', 'index_html', 'rename', 'kadabra',
'abra', 'LogBuch', 'LogNeu', 'delete', 'exists', 'ko', 'asas', 'copy_of_ko',
'listRec', 'listAll']

of all the objects in a given folder. Is there a way to do that recursively?

One last question: is there a way to see the type of a given object from
python? Or to see if it has certain attributes?

Thank you Gurus

Horst