[Zope] ZPhotoAlbum and images in general

Frank McGeough FrankMcGeough@msn.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 21:18:33 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C10661.3620D400

I think the question comes up a lot because when you have a db that is no=
n-relational, it's extremely difficult to get a handle on it's performanc=
e / reliability. With a relational database there are some standard bench=
marks (granted the vendors manipulate these in various ways but you can g=
et a fairly good idea of their general performance).  The anecdotal, it's=
 fast because I've seen it's fast is not quite as good as a standard test=
.

Most of the sql database vendors provide some means for managing the unde=
rlying files that actually store the data. Allowing me to add more, put t=
hem on separate partitions, etc. They also make it fairly easy to get the=
 doc on how they layout the storage in these data files. They actually fe=
ature that in their development oriented doc -- to show how much better t=
heir technique is then other vendors. =20

To reduce the number of questions in this area, it seems like these two i=
ssues should be addressed.

Anecdotally :)  --- I've become more comfortable with the Zope approach t=
hrough usage and gathering the doc that is available in various places. T=
hanks for the feedback.
 =20