[Zope] Logging out a user (in code)

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:24:44 -0800

Ok, small question - I thought I saw the answer somewhere, but as luck would
have it...I can't find it.

I have a method that can only be viewed by a user who is logged in. But
let's say that I want to put a button in a form, so that when they press it,
it logs them out. I figure I'll submit the form to another method, or do
some marshalling - it doesn't matter, but what I need to find out is how to
log the user out with code.(kill their session, whatever)

And I guess I can add another request while I'm thinking of it. Is there
(I'm sure there is) to determine if a user is logged in? Something like:

if user is logged in
    do this
else
    do this

I'll keep searching, but I appreciate anyone who has a spare second to help
me out with this.

Thanks in advance,
Tommy Johnson

Innovation: