[Zope] ZDOM ... un-domlike?

Matt matt@virtualspectator.com
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:37:31 +1200

Hi,

I have a simple question.  I have been plying around with the ZDOM interface
to Zope objects, and there seems to be something I don't quite understand.
I have figured out that the attributes of any particular zope object are its
properties.  However when I print out attribute values using getNodeValue()
on items in a list returned by getAttributes(), I get values of different
types!!  That is very un-domlike.  The result should be a DOMString.  I
understand that this would make it less nice for people wanting to access
their content and properties without fuss, but there are other object
methods that already let you do this.  I was wondering the reasoning behind
this, and perhaps, if I am looking at the ZDOM in the wrong light.

thanks
Matt