[Zope] filename property of variable

Laurie Nason laurien@tiger.3dem.bioch.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:22:58 -0500

I tried this and it doesn't differentiate between ones where the user has
entered a file to upload and ones where they haven't.
I really need to be able to call the .filename method to see if it has one -
but _['sequence-item'].filename doesn't like the fact that the
_['sequence-item'] returns a string (thanks Casey again on a different
post!) rather than the object itself.
What I would like to be able to do is to call
    <dtml-if expr="_.getitem(sequence-item).filename">

But you can't escape the sequence-item again due to the fact that it returns
a string...AARRGGHHH!!!

Any ideas???

Laurie #B^(

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Thomas B. Passin
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 12:46 PM
To: Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] filename property of variable

Laurie, I think this might be what you want.  At least, it will let you
access each (unknown) form variable by name and get its value.  The slightly
odd expression "_[_['sequence-item']]" gives you the value because the
variable name is sequence-item,  if you do it like this.

<dtml-in "REQUEST.form.keys()">

    <!-- Show <name>:<value> -->
    <dtml-var sequence-item>:<dtml-var "_[_['sequence-item']]">

    <!-- Apply "if" test to see if variable has a value -->
    <dtml-if "_[_['sequence-item']]"> (passed "if" test)</dtml-if><br>

</dtml-in>

Try that on your form and see if it shows you the filled-in values.  It does
on my test form.  If you can render them, you ought to be able to do
anything else you want.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Laurie Nason]