[Zope] ZCatalog resources

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:16:00 GMT

Is there a good resource for ZCatalog issues.  I've tried Chapter 9 of the Zope
book, but only get the result if they have because they have only two objects.

My experience with the ZCatalog is that it returns far too many objects, the
vast majority of which do not satsify the criteria.  When I ask for the first
set, it returns a correct result.  However, changing the criteria and
resubmitting (by going back, chaning the criteria, and resubmitting) gives me
the exact same (overly large) result set which now does NOT fit the search
criteria.  I need a catalog but don't want to roll it out to users if I can't
get it to work correctly.

Is there some nice neat resource that explains how to get the ZCatalog to do
one's bidding (or tell me what I'm doing wrong).

Cheers,

Ron