[Zope] exposing properties to python

Joe Little jlittle@open-it.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:11:41 -0700

Hello,

I am developing all my logic in python classes and using Zope for the
presentation so that I can use CLI and other toolsets against the same
objects.

In my particular case, I need to expose properties (either in property
sheets or product-properties ($64K question is what is better to use!))
via python scripts either when I instantiate a ZClass based on the
python base-class or in a post instantiation method in that base-class.
I can't find any good python examples throughout the zope.org site.
almost everything is either zclass-built and thus using property sheets
via DTML

I'm not on the list, so any answers, please send to me directly if not
to the list as well.

Also, if I shouldn't use product properties or product-instance property
sheets, what should I use to communicate to python scripts from an
add_form constructor or the like? I am used to python programming, but
the Zope<->Python bridge hasn't made any sense to me thus far.