[Zope] RE: [ZODB-Dev] PYTHONHOME

Norman Khine norman@khine.net
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:01:16 +0100

Hi Chris,
I am not sure what influence this has, but from a reply I had
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-June/093893.html

it was suggested that you should chenge the PYTHONNAME to something else as
in http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-June/093893.html

Hope this is of help

Norman

-----Original Message-----
From: zodb-dev-admin@zope.org [mailto:zodb-dev-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Chris Withers
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 10:59 AM
To: zodb-dev@zope.org
Subject: [ZODB-Dev] PYTHONHOME

Hi,

What influence does the PYTHONHOME environment variable have over python and
ZEO StorageServer?

I tried the following start script for the ZSS:

#! /bin/sh

INSTANCE_HOME=/usr/local/hosting/accounts/sds
export INSTANCE_HOME
cd $INSTANCE_HOME
PYTHONHOME=/usr/local/zope/2.4.0b2_base
export PYTHONHOME
STUPID_LOG_FILE=$INSTANCE_HOME/logs/sds.slog
export STUPID_LOG_FILE

ZEO_SERVER_PID=$INSTANCE_HOME/var/MAIN_ZEO_SERVER.pid
export ZEO_SERVER_PID

exec python2.1 $PYTHONHOME/lib/python/ZEO/start.py \
     -h tachyon.nipltd.com\
     -p 6969\
     -u sds\
     "$@"\
 >/usr/local/hosting/accounts/sds/logs/zstdout.log 2>&1

But it kept failing with weird error messages:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/2.4.0b2_base/lib/python/ZEO/start.py", line 94, in ?
    import sys, os, getopt, string
ImportError: No module named os

...until I removed PYTHONHOME from the script.

What was I doing wrong, what should I have been doing?

cheers,

Chris