[Zope] POST to zope

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:36:38 +0200

Hi Steve,

I understand this well enough, but I have seen in two different scenarios
that this fundamentally does not work.

A transaction system we built has a system that is beyond my understanding
and responsibility. The technicians assured me that they tried to POST data
to a form from their server to our zope. It for some reason didnt work.
(This is work previous to my time in the company)

In my own test with Shockwave, using a POST method, the form does not
process. Using a GET with a query string of course, DOES trigger zope
properly. But perhaps its my logic gating in the form?

Obsserve in ZOPE only:
Name :index_html

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('submit')">
  do something
</dtml-if>

<form method=POST>
  <input type=Submit name=submit>
</form>

Easy enough, yes? Now take something non-zope and try to post the submit.
The 'do something' never occurs and nothing suggests that there was an
error. Simply a zero-byte response.

Does this explain my problem better?

Thanks for your help,
Paul Zwarts