[Zope] build a query string out of a dictionary (REQUEST.form)

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:06:26 +0200

Hi all,

does somebody know if there is a method/function built in
Zope converting a dictionary to a query string?

I'd like to access it in a DTML method or Python Script.
I just tried to program a small Python Script, but methods
out of urlib can not be used :-(

The purpose is to append the actual query string to a link.
But I like to replace parts of the query!
I'd like to build a link the following way (DTML snippet):

  <dtml-let qs="buildQueryString(REQUEST.form, replace={'foo':'bar'})">
  </dtml-let>

So a form value of e.g. 'foo=xxx' would be replaced by 'foo=bar'.

I saw discussions about this topic in the list, but no
answers with usable solutions. Did I miss it?

I don't like to make a Product to support this! Ok, if I
need I'll would have to :-(

Greg
Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org