[Zope] I'm stuck getting Zope to start on boot RH7

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:30:06 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Well, in OUR setup, Zope uses port 80 directly which is inside the protected
range, requiring Medusa and ZServer to run as root. BUT, should you have a
normal setup, you can change the line:

start() {
	# Check if atd is already running
	    echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
	    /var/Zope-233b/start
	    RETVAL=$?
	    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]
	    echo
	return $RETVAL

to use the SU command, something like:

start() {
	# Check if atd is already running
	    echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
	    su -l zopeown '/var/Zope-233b/start'
	    RETVAL=$?
	    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]
	    echo
	return $RETVAL

We've done this before, but I forget the exact syntax of su to provide that
it is a shell command, and run as user....

Paz