[Zope] POST to zope

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:47:33 +0400 (MSD)

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, seb bacon wrote:
> * Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@mitretek.org> [010711 18:06]:
> > I expect you're right.  I already tried using netcat at Troy Farrell's
> > suggestion, and you can get it to show the headers, but I didn't get the
> > required enlightenment yet.  Worth trying on your problem, though.  There's
> > a version for Windows somewhere.
>
> like this (on 'nix - probably the same on NT):
>
>   $ nc -v -l -p 9999
>
> (listens on port 9999)
>
> then just send your POST at port 9999 of your local machine.

   Once a colleague asked me how to peep what headers a browser sends to a
server. I suggested to write a minimal server that would store a request to
a file. The results in pure Python:

   http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/socket-servers/get_request/
Faster mirror:
   http://www.crosswinds.net/~phd2/Software/Python/socket-servers/get_request/