[Zope] urlretrieve...strange behaviour

belen@netcom.no belen@netcom.no
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:39:50 +0100

Hello,

I have a very strange problem. I have a method that does at follows

import urllib
def storepages(base, TestIds):
	for testid in TestIds:
		url=base+testid
		try:
			urllib.urlretrieve
(url, 'c:\Zope\BelenSite\images\Doc'+testid+'.html')
		finally:
			urllib.urlcleanup()

If I run it through the DOS promt it works perfectly. It fetches some
URLs, stores them where I say, and clears the local cache. If I try to
use it as an external method in zope it does not work at all. Zope
hangs...It hangs when executing this line

>>> urllib.urlretrieve
(url, 'c:\Zope\BelenSite\images\Doc'+testid+'.html').

I have tried urllib.urlopen(url) instead but it cannot be opened either

I have created an alternative external method to test more. This one
does not iterate through any list...I pass a single parameter and works
to my surprise this works really fine.

import urllib
def storepage(base, TestIds):

	url=base+TestIds
	try:
		urllib.urlretrieve
(url, 'c:\Zope\BelenSite\images\Doc'+TestIds+'.html')
	finally:
		urllib.urlcleanup()

The only difference it is that instead of working with a list I pass a
string. And this seems to be all about. Am I right ? Wrong? Can any one
see anything terrible?

Some help would be really appreciated. Thaks a lot.

Belen