[Zope] Zope InvalidObjectReference

Jeff Sasmor jeff@janix.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:16:52 -0400

Hi Kosh,

This can occur if you attach an attribute of an object to another existing
object using assignment
rather than setattr (and the connection is different, as may be the case)

for example

existingObject.attribute = otherObject.otherattribute

(attribute can be a method, of course.)

can cause the error you see - it happened to me!

Use setattr(existingObject,attribute,otherObject.otherattribute) instead, it
might help you...

For further reference see line 640 of Blark.py in the CMFOptions sources.

I would suspect that you have some python code doing something like....
When I uncovered this problem it appeared to have been working for
a while - and often it would work until this type of bug happened.

Good Luck!

Jeff Sasmor
jeff@sasmor.com
www.netkook.com is an "open Zope CMF site"