[Zope] Multiple selection and looping

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:11:36 +0200

Maybe you should answer the question then,

What is article_connection? Why I ask is that first you try to in something
called 'article_connection', then we see it to be 'connection'. Article is a
ZClass with a property called connection? Connection is a method, article is
the method? I'm as confused as you are....

Python, in my basic understanding is a relational grouping of anything. If
an object contains a subobject, you refer to it as something like
itemA.subItemA

The _.getitem() works as if you have a document called DOCA, you can put it
inside a variable tag like <dtml-var "_.getitem(DOCA)">

In case of a ZClass (which I tell you truthfully is beyond my scope right
now, Im still oin ZSQL world comepletely) you need to the parent object to
call its child object.

Warning: I am ignorant in python. I wrote my first totally python script
today that will take a directory of files and a list of pairs, find and
replace the first of pair with second, then write all the files back to the
directory. I'm beside myself with excitement at my first step, so I'm not
the person to ask for technical accuracy. I just happen to be more wordy
than those who understand these concepts in the form of reference
contraindications and argument descriptions.

Success,

Paz