[Zope] Object Oriented Development and ZClasses in Zope

David Legg d.legg@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:19:13 +0100

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good tutorial on object oriented development in Zope
using ZClasses, or know if it might be documented well in one of the
existing or upcoming books. I was thinking specifically of how a class
diagram might be mapped to the Zope environment, and how certain areas such
as saving of persistent objects to a database and reading these back into
objects might take place - basically the way things should be happening or a
choice of ways to do certain things with recommendations. The end result is
to create an entire system and be able to model it and it's sub-systems as
products for reuse. I assume a product translates equally to what a package
does in Java speak.

Anyway, I'd appreciate a bit of enlightenment in this very powerful area of
Zope. Perhaps might be a forum for discussion as to how people are currently
building their systems in Zope using an object oriented methodology - saving
of persistent objects - ZODB or RDBMS?

I await some interesting responses!

David Legg