[Zope] Corruption protection

Montagne, Michael montagne@BOORA.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:42:48 -0700

Forgive an important but nieve( I think) concern.  If I start to use Zope as
a database I'm concerned about database corruption and transferability.
When a table becomes corrupt in Access it is usually easily fixed or
replaced from backup as a last resort.  I think PostgreSQL uses seperate
files for it's tables so the can be replace if needed.  What happens if the
Zope database gets corrupt? It is a monolithic file.  Also, what about
exporting data for use in a different database or program?  Can I read the
zope database with ODBC?  If I ever needed to convert to another database
what about exporting the data?
These are questions I'm going to have to answer in justifying introducing
Zope. I already bought the t-shirt so I'm really hoping I can make this fly
at work.

-mjm