[Zope] Python Script Permission Problem

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:37:43 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 05:16:20PM -0500, Jeff Hotz wrote:
> When I run the following python script, Zope asks me to log in.  I would
> like for it NOT to require authorization.  But, even when I login with a
> valid Zope Administrator uid/pwd, it won't work.
>
> Python Script "rotateImage" has Proxy Roles Anonymous, Manager, Owner
> import os

You're not allowed to import some modules by default in Python Scripts,
for security reasons.

Search the mailing list archives on zope.nipltd.com to learn how to
disable this security check.

Alternatively you could create an External Method, which will run
completely unrestricted, and import whatever module you need.

bye,

Jerome Alet