AW: [Zope] Difference between zope and apache

Thieu-Hon Tran Thieu-Hon.Tran@westfleisch.de
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:39:47 +0200

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 11:28:23AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > BTW: why end the base href with '/>', and not
> > simply '>'?

[...]

> This is for XML and I don't know if the same thing is true for HTML 4,
> but I guess it is.

No, it's only true for XHTML, because XHTML is
	"A Reformulation of HTML 4 in XML 1.0"
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/)

> Funny that the w3c validator doesn't like it.

The w3c HTML validator also checks XHTML (since June _2000_). But maybe
Zope doesn't mark the HTML as being XHTML
(by inserting the right "<!DOCTYPE ..." at the beginning)? Zope 2.3.2
doesn't do that by itself.
Jan could try to insert it manually, and check if the validator still
complains.

	Hon.