[Zope] images as properties of a document.

Bruce, Chris Chris.Bruce@WorldChain.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:50:29 -0700

If you are creating a structured template, you might want to create a
product using a ZClass.  I did something very similar.  Then I
programmatically add the image that they selected in the data entry form.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Cameron [mailto:tom@mooball.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 11:09 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] images as properties of a document.

I am wondering how I might create a property of a DTML Document that is an
image.

In the standard implementation of a DTML Document, the properties can be
strings, lines, text etc. I would like to create a new type of document with
the ability to create a property that is an image and upload it to the page
as you edit the property.

Can anybody suggest how I would go about this? I have not created a product
before, but I am game to try. I am really looking for some hints and tips.
Perhaps an existing product that is similar that I could copy or subclass.

As a further explanation, I am trying to create a very structured template
page. The end user simply edits the properties of the page and I create the
templates and how it renders by modifying the index_html method. I have
looked at ZPT and they dont seem to do exactly what I want.

TIA
Tom Cameron