[Zope] kludge around byteserving problem (2.4)

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:26:46 -0500

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:56:51 -0500 you wrote:
><speculation type="mere">
>Me thinks the Adobe (boo, hiss) plugin is using HTTP/1.1 to retreive _parts_
>of the .pdf file.

I'm not familiar with HTTP/1.1 "parts", but I am fairly
confident that it's using byterange requests.  I can
see it request 32KB then make several other requests
for different sizes.  I tried eliminating the
Accept-Ranges header in the response and other kludges,
but it continued.

Some things to check for more info on Adobe workings...
	http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/3d76.htm
	http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides/acrobat/byteserve/byteservmain.html

Incidentally, we didn't notice this before 2.4 (but I
didn't have all of my PDF tools installed then, so
maybe the files weren't so large?).

--kyler