[Zope] Multiple Sites and Apache

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy@veldy.net
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:05:55 -0500

> Tom,
>
> Zope seems to have some hidden directories that it uses for some of its
> image files. If you look at the source for a page you will see that it
> uses http://www.example.com/p_/ZopeButton for the zope button. If you
> want to use it then you would have to add another rewrite rule for p_
> directory (there may be others, too, anyone know?).

I just copied the image and linked it directly.  Saves the headache.

> RewriteRule ^/p_/(.*) /usr/local/www/cgi-bin.default/Zope.cgi/p_$1
>

> I assume that you are using apache for other non-Zope stuff? If not then
> you don't need apache at all, just use zope's server.

Yes, I have some JSP stuff.  I also run a mailinglist using Mailman.

> I don't think you need Virtual Host Monster because you are not doing
> virtual hosting (more than one domain on the same instance of Zope). I
> am using it and apache rewrite for virtual hosting several domains on
> one Zope instance.

Actually, I do have another domain that I host as a virtual domain.  It is
also in need of development.  I wish I could find some more "readable"
documentation on the Virtual Host Monster though.  The current Zope hosted
docs are confusing.  The book leaves it to the administrators guide and the
Administrators guide is unfinished.

Thanks for all the help.  I seem to be in business now!

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net