[Zope] RBrowser (Mac OS X) FTP client converts all objects to DTMLDocuments

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:06:23 +0100

Itai Tavor wrote:

> Can someone please describe what an FTP client needs to do - or not
> do - in order to be compatible with Zope, so I can forward this
> information to RBrowser's author and get him to fix the problem?

This sounds like it's:

1 - creating a temporary file
2 - deleting the one that's there
3 - renaming the temporary file to the old name

...check the undo tab to see if this is the case.

The problem, of course, is that step 1 will usually create a DTMl method and
step 2 will destroy the original object of the correct type.

If this is then problem, then it's a very ahrd one to solve, other than
persuading the client that what it's doing is a bad idea.

cheers,

Chris