[Zope] vanishing tabs

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:22:46 +1000

>>> "Tom Cameron" wrote
> I am starting to use ZClasses for the first time and I have noticed some
> funny behaviour with the tabs.
>
> I am finding that they are not all always visible in the management screens.
>
> I have subclassed a container object, and separately a DTML Document. In
> both cases, if I create a property sheet and add it to the views, then go to
> the management area and create an instance of these objects, I loose some of
> the other tabs when I click on the property sheet that I created.
>
> On the DTML Document it is the Edit tab that vanishes, in the Folderish
> object it is the contents tab that disappears.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or have I done something wrong?

I _think_ if you look at the URL you'll see that when you click on
the propertysheet tab, you'll see you're in
objectname/propertysheets/foobar/manage_...
so you're only seeing the propertysheet's manage tabs. The easiest way
to fix this is to make your own manage_sheet method of the ZClass,
something like (this is typed in directly from memory - but it should
be close enough):

<dtml-if dochange>
   <dtml-call "propertysheets.foobar.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
</dtml-else>
  <form method="POST">
   monkeys: <input type="text" value="&dtml-monkeys;"><br>
  <input type="submit" name="dochange" value="Change Monkeys">
  </form>
</dtml-if>