[Zope] VHM Behavior

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 11:50:46 -0500

Should work.  I've nevertried it, but from what I understand, VHM takes care
of the BASE and PATH variables for you.  This looks like a straightforward
application of Virtual hosting.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Cook [mailto:twcook@iswt.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 11:11 AM
To: Zope List
Subject: [Zope] VHM Behavior

I have an application that I intended to be installed off of the
Zope root.  In several places in this application there are calls
to the BASEx paths in the REQUEST mapping, ie. <dtml-var
BASE0>/subfolder1/method2 etc.

I have been asked to setup a test facility where there will have
multiple instances of this application.

Root

   --Office1 -- FreePM

   --Office2 -- FreePM

   --Office3 -- FreePM

   --Office4 -- FreePM

Can I use Apache (for SSL frontend) and VHM to get:

http://office1.mytestsite.com/FreePM
http://office2.mytestsite.com/FreePM
http://office3.mytestsite.com/FreePM
http://office4.mytestsite.com/FreePM

without breaking the internal behavior of the application
instances?

Thanks,
--
Tim Cook, President - Free Practice Management, Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (731) 884-4126