[Zope] hello - new to zope

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:35:01 -0500

Jerry,
  welcome to zope and the zope@zope.org mailing list.  Jump right in.  The
best way to learn (IMNSHO) is to screw up.  Build things, read other peoples
code, and ask lots of questions that you may think are dumb.
"If you want to be happy the rest of your life there ain't nothin' to it.
Knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it."
                                           Roger Miller

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Lake [mailto:jerryl@europa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 6:05 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] hello - new to zope

Hello,

I've been instructed by my office
to learn Zope. I'm in process of
of going through the docs at zope.org

I'm just curious as to what I can do
to help me ease into it. I should clarify
that I don't have a strong programming background

most of what I know is PHP (and that's not a lot)

if anyone has any advise to give, I'd appreciate
it. Especially concerning issues like using zope
remotely with apache and MySQL vs. using it locally
I'm currently running it on a win98 box

Thanks,

Jerry Lake
Interface Engineering Technician