[Zope] ZClass index_html question

Maarten Slaets maarten.slaets@neolabs.be
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:05:56 +0200

Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> As a sidenote,
> create an instance and call it something less Zoponic and in the ZClass
> create an object called index_html instead. "better practice".

I made a workaround:
since I was using a root 'index_html' method which checks for index.html
files, I could modify that method to first check for instances of my
ZClass with ID index.html.

This is the dtml:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('zclassindexfound', '0')">
<dtml-in "objectItems(['Custom Doc'])">
<dtml-with sequence-item>
  <dtml-if "_['id'] == 'index.html'">
    <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('zclassindexfound', '1')">
    <dtml-var index_html>
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-with>
</dtml-in>

<dtml-unless "_['zclassindexfound'] == 1">
  <dtml-try>
    <dtml-var expr="_['index.html']">
  <dtml-except KeyError>
    <H1>Forbidden</H1>
    You don't have permission to access <dtml-var absolute_url> on this
server.<P>
    </BODY></HTML>
  </dtml-try>
</dtml-unless>

When I have the time I will change this though, because this method is a
performance killer.

--
Maarten Slaets
Contact: http://zope.neolabs.be/home/maarten/maarten.vcf