[Zope] print functon?

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:39:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Hi Ismet,
>
> define "printable" :-)
>
> Regards
> Tino
>
> --On Freitag, 20. Juli 2001 20:05 -0700 Ismet Dere
> <ismet@fiducia-china.com> wrote:
>
> > hello all,
> >
> > howto create a printable version of current document in zope, is there any
> > DTML/Python script available for this?

On our site, we have a "Print" button that does the following:

1) Calls the page you're on, with "?pp=1" at the end

2) Our standard_html_header and standard_html_footer check for pp=1,
and if so, show standard_print_header and standard_print_footer.

standard_print_* show heads & footers that are simplified, lack
complex table stuff, etc. They also use a different CSS file
that is more print-oriented.

3) The link to the Print page uses target=_blank so that the printable
version can be closed, and the original page is still there.

You can try it out at http://scw.org.

Or:

CMF has "skins" so that printable is just one look for a page, so this can
be a prebuilt solution. CMF, however, seems to completely lack coherent
documentation. ;-)

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>