[Zope] File object converted into string ????

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:20:01 +0200

Hello again - I am sorry to bother you guys so much today

I just get this weird error thing ... a file I'm trying to upload through
http is being converted into a string ????

I'm not doing anything unusual ... and the upload code works in another
context.

I have this form field on a page with a file field ... I browse for a file
and hit the submit button.

When the code reaches the lines of the upload action I get this error:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'string' object has no attribute 'filename'

And the REQUEST object tells me this:
file	'/home/gitte/405themovie.rm'

This should have been a file object :-((

I am not touching the file argument before I try to upload it .. I can't see
what is going wrong.
Here's a snip from the script that receives the file...

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('file')">
 <dtml-let masterfileid="id + '_MasterFile'"
 	   file_title="title"
	   file_desc="description"
	   file_xsize="xsize"
	   file_ysize="ysize"
	   file_medianet="medianet">
  <dtml-call "invokeFactory(id=masterfileid, type_name='Master File')">
  <dtml-with "restrictedTraverse(masterfileid)">
   <dtml-let filepath="this().absolute_url(relative=1)">
    <dtml-call "editFile(REQUEST['file'])">

The last line is the call to the upload function ...

So ... can anybody tell me what is going wrong ??

Regards,
--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
> every vote will cause the Data.fs to grow. how do you handle that?
Erm yeah it will. Im just taking the Microsoft approach and ignoring it
	- Andy McKay, 31 Jan 2001