[Zope] Zope blocking client side image caching??, slow site loading

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:36:26 +0200 (CEST)

Frank Sonnemans writes:
 > I am building a zope version of a asp website, done by another division in
 > our company. Unfortunately it is much
 > slower than the ASP one. The asp based site loads slow for the first page,
 > but al subsequent pages are loaded fast due to the browser caching the
 > navigation images.
 >
 > In the zope version the images seem to be reloaded for every new page
 > request. Is there any way to change this and speed up loading of the Zope
 > served pages.
 >
 > For comparison the asp site is http://www.unitekequipment.com
 >
 > the zope site is at http://209.48.159.60:8080/uml/
You are using a recent Zope version (2.3.x)?

Old Zope versions could forget to send the "Last-Modified" header
which is required for HTTP 1.1 caching.

You may try to check, that the response headers are correct.
I use Shane's TCPwatch utility for such checks...

Dieter