[Zope] Stop Interpreting My ASCII!!!

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 00:40:26 +0200

Hi Ben,

assuming, your testimonials are DTML Methods or Documents or
something like that, you could modify your call like this:

<dtml-var expr="_.whrandom.choice(testimonials.objectValues())(_,_.None)">

or

<dtml-let dok="_.whrandom.choice(testimonials.objectValues())">
<dtml-var dok>
</dtml-var>

This is because you first select only the object. If you use the object
without calling it, it renders its "represenation", with other words
the method __repr__ is called on the python object.
If you call it with () (dtml-methods need a container and Caller, therefore
the arguments _ and _.None) the method __call__  however, renders the
DTML Document, so you get the resulting HTML rather then the souce code.

Of you use <dtml-var object> it is equal to <dtml-var name="object"> in
this case, Zope determines if the object is callable and then calls it if
so.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

--On Samstag, 21. Juli 2001 11:07 -0700 Ben Ocean <zope@thewebsons.com>