[Zope] TIP: use -D to debug products not loading

Tony.McDonald@newcastle.ac.uk Tony.McDonald@newcastle.ac.uk
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:25:29 +0100 (BST)

hi,
Just wanted to report:
I've just spent 90 minutes setting up PageTemplates on a virtual server we have here.

The zope installation I'm using as the basis of it was running under a different group
than that of the target server.

I couldn't figure out why PageTemplates wasn't showing up in the Products folder.

However, turning on the -D option in the 'start' script showed that the PageTemplates product was having a problem loading up a 'gif (of all things). Once I set the permissions correct the product loaded up fine.
Thing is, I wouldn't have found the problem if I hadn't turned on the -D option.

hope this helps
tone.