[Zope] Transparent Folders curse strikes again: A play in two acts

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:47:07 +1000

>Itai Tavor writes:
>  > I've just been bitten with a Transparent Folder bug for the fourth
>  > time. A Folder containting a Transparent Folder becomes itself
>  > transparent, with the result that my whole ZODB is now a mess of
>  > acquired objects that pretty much prevent anything from working
>  > right. In the past the only way I found to clear the problem was to
>  > delete the Transparent Folders, export everything, reimport and
>  > recreate the TFs. But if it's just going to happen again, what's the
>  > point?
>This problem has been decribed recently (--> archives).
>
>Share responded:
>
>   found problem,
>   should have prevented access to all names starting with "_",
>   have a fix but want to check it for some time before making new
>     release
>

>Dieter

Other than my own posting back in January and Shane's response to it,
which did not result in a solution, I can only find a discussion of
this problem around March in which a patch was offered and did not
help. Shane did not get involved in that one. So I can't find any
mention of the response you're referring to... I certainly can't find
any mention of a solution to the bug, and the latest release of TF
does not address it.

Itai
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itai@optusnet.com.au            --               - Kermit the Frog --
-- "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything"      --