[Zope] LARGE FILE SUPPORT

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:03:58 +0200

At 17:28 23-07-2001 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm using Zope with python and i'm having problems due to my Data.fs
>file is over 2GB.
>According to Python's Library Reference 8.1.1          I have to
>re-compile python with this sentence:
>
>CC="-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
>export CC
>./configure
>

>1- I'm using Red HAt Linux 6.2 How do I know if it's large-file-capable
>?
>2- How do I re-compile python as described in 8.1.1, there's any
>step-by-step guide ?
>
>------------------------
>

>Is this true of all Zope/Python versions ( maximum data base file size
>of 2GB)???

AFAIK it isn't a python/Zope problem but a filesystem problem.
I remember to have heard somewhere that Ext2 (the filesystem that Linux
uses) only support a file size of 2 GB. Perhaps some of the guru's inhere
can correct me if I am wrong.

The solution to this problem - I think - may be to switch your filesystem
from Ext2 to ReiserFS.

Regards,
Gitte Wange