[Zope] Netscape doesn't recognize dtml-doc as html

Stephan Goeldi stephan.goeldi@datacomm.ch
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:19:01

>From: Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de>
>It is not relevant for the recognition as HTML.
>
>DTML objects set the "Content-Type" to "text/html" by default.
>You need to do special things to prevent them to do this.

I didn't do anything special. The only special thing is, that the dtml-docs
don't have a 'file'-extension (e.g. .html or .htm). All files with .html
extension are rendered by Netscape. Those without an extension are tried to
download as a file.

If your dtml-doc has no extension (as in my case) it is displayed ok by e.g.
Internet Explorer, but not by Netscape 4.7x. I created a seperate
dtml-method with the content <content type: text/html> and included this
method in my standard_html_header. Now it works. This seems to be a Netscape
problem which has to be taken care of by Zope users!