[Zope] Big improvement for load_site.py, patch included

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:45:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> > Some sanitization is done to document's ids before uploading them to the
> > ZODB, because I encountered problems trying to upload files which names
> > contained spaces or accented characters: each invalid character is
> > replaced with an underscore. However this may produce invalid ids too, so
> > perhaps a better solution is needed.
>
> "space" isn't an illegal character.
>
> What will happen to those cases where M$ is involved and you download a site
> for offline view and then decide to upload it into Zope.
> You might save the webpage like "peter bengtsson.html" and with it comes a
> folder full of images and stylesheets and they are all called using a space.

It's strange because load_site.py received a 400 HTTP error whenever I
tried to upload a .htm file which name contained spaces, and when
replacing the spaces with underscores all went fine.

could there be another reason I missed ?

bye,

Jerome Alet