[Zope] How to pronounce ZOPE

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:51:00 -0700

I always tell my web developer friends that they should try Zope
because it's 'like crack for web developers'  *laugh* mostly because,
as we know, - what you can do with it and how easily you can do
it..seems to promote a strange feeling of euphoria in people who are
trying it.. (especially that first time!  *laugh*)

In the US (dating myself here) many years ago they had a series of
anti-drug TV commercials in which various points were made to prevent
kids from trying the 'evil weed' or whatever.. (this was the series
with the fried eggs..  now made famous with the zillions of parodies
on SNL, etc..) and  the final line was often..

"Why do you think they call it "Dope"?"

I have been known to end my pro-Zope pitches to friends with "why do
you think they call it Zope?"  *laugh*

Chris